Should You buy A Jeep Wrangler?
Lots of people ask us if they should buy a Jeep Wrangler so we thought we would write a blog outlining the pros and cons. Once you work your way through this list you will at least have an idea if you should go test drive a Wrangler and fall in love like the rest of us. Let’s start with the cons of Jeep Wrangler ownership.
- Do you have a large family? A 2-door Wrangler seats 4 adults semi-comfortably or 3 adults and a car seat. A 4-door Wrangler is about the same except it’s easier to get inside for everyone. If your adults aren’t limber forget about them getting into the backseat. Large Family = No Wrangler for You.
- Do you haul lots of stuff or need a secure vehicle? Do you regularly haul lots of items or need a vehicle that can be securely locked down? The 4-Door Wrangler definitely has more cargo room than the 2-Door but compared to other SUVs or even larger sedans, the Jeep loses as a major hauler. Also, unless you spring for a hard top and never travel without it, your belongings are out in the open for thieves – in fact, I keep everything I need in a backpack and it goes with me everywhere. Haul stuff/need security? No Wrangler for You.
- Are you sensitive to noise? Do you like to listen to Vivaldi while surrounded by the finest leather interiors? Do you conduct a lot of business by cell phone while driving? Do you have painful joints? The Jeep Wrangler is not known for comfort or refinement. It is the automotive equivalent of a horse. If you need a quiet, smooth drive or commute long distances = No Wrangler for you!
- Hate stopping for gas? Have more than 3 environmental stickers on your current car or bike? Wranglers are not the most fuel-efficient vehicle around. They have the aerodynamics of a cardboard box. Love good MPG? No Jeep For You.
Ok, if you have made it this far and you weren’t scared by the above issues then I think at the very least you need to test drive a Jeep Wrangler. Luckily, the pros outweigh the cons so let’s get to them.
- Jeep Wranglers are your best bet to go anywhere. Whether it’s a snowy drive to the ski resort or a top-down trip to the beach or a rockcrawling expedition in Moab, you can count on your Jeep to be your best bet at getting in and out of inclement conditions. Personally, I love it when I see it hs snowed a few inches because I get to put the Wrangler in 4WD and cruise to work helping pull people out of snow banks and gutters with ease.
- Jeep Wranglers are inherently fun to drive. Because they are rough, because the top is down, and because they are iconic, every drive, even the most boring trip to the grocery store, puts a grin on your face.
- Jeep Wranglers are highly customizable. Very few vehicles have an aftermarket as robust as the Jeep Wrangler. You can make your Jeep fit your personality and you’ll never get tired of upgrading and perfecting your Jeep.
- Everyone loves Jeeps. If you want to be noticed, a Jeep Wrangler is a vehicle that gets attention. Plus, you get entry into a special club of owners who recognize each other and instantly bond over a mutual love of this utilitarian vehicle.
- Resale value. The last thing we want you to do is sell your Wrangler, but when the time comes you will be shocked at how much your Jeep is worth compared to cars of a similar age. It’s not uncommon to see 5-year-old Jeeps selling for 80% of their purchase price. Not many vehicles can claim that!
There are a lot more reasons you should buy a Jeep Wrangler but don’t take it from us, maybe some of our readers can leave a comment as to why they love their Jeep!